[CMake] Cmake 2.8.9 : finding boost library files

Klaim - Joël Lamotte mjklaim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 14:42:07 EDT 2012

Okay I was intrigued and added Boost debug info in the CMake file of the
project that is generating the initial error.
I had this:

find_package( Boost COMPONENTS

system

date_time

filesystem

chrono

thread

program_options

log

log_setup

)

if( NOT Boost_FOUND )

message( "Boost was NOT found!" )

endif()

And I added this line before the find_package:

set( Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS        ON )

set( Boost_USE_MULTITHREADED      ON )

set( Boost_USE_STATIC_RUNTIME    OFF )

set( Boost_DEBUG        ON )

Now it don't generate an error.

In doubt, I deleted the cache and reconfigured, with the same result

I tried each line separately and go to the conclusion that this line :

set( Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS        ON )

Solve the problem.

Indeed I didn't generated dll versions of Boost and don't want to use them
at the moment.

So I'm not sure if it is a bug or the update fixed a previous bug that
didn't point to the fact that dlls were missing?

The initial error message is obscure to me.

Joel Lamotte