[CMake] cmake manpage in pdf with section (subsection, etc) bookmarks and hyperlinks?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 10:53:56 EDT 2012

2012/8/13 Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I use the following command to generate the pdf file from cmake
> manpage. But the pdf file does not have bookmarks. Does anybody know a
> way to generated the manual in pdf with bookmarks and possibly
> hyperlinks?
>
>     man -t "$f" | ps2pdf - > $f.pdf

If you want to generate a single pdf, cmake itself can already generate:

html:
  $ cmake --help-full cmake-help.html
docbook:
  $ cmake --help-full cmake-help.docbook

Then you may try:
  $ htmldoc -f cmake-help.pdf --webpage cmake-help.html
or
  $ docbook2pdf cmake-help.docbook

the docbook version is upsetting my docbook processor (openjade)
with a lot of syntax error.
I don't really use docbook so I don't know who is the culprit
between openjade and the cmake generated docbook document.

The html version is processed correctly your have proper hyperlinks,
but you don't get PDF bookmarks.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org