[CMake] Bug 12424

Marshall Galbraith marshall.galbraith at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 10:55:53 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am emailing in regards to this bug

http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12424

as I have found a possible workaround. Though I have not found another
website talking about it, there appears to be a bug in Visual Studio
10 when using the /Zm1000 option without pre-compiled headers. This
combination causes the error

c1 : fatal error C1060: compiler is out of heap space

even though the /Zm option is supposed to increase the heap space. I
found that changing /Zm to /Zm200 is working on my system.
Fortunately, users can simply change all occurrences of /Zm1000 to
/Zm200 in

C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\Platform\Windows-cl.cmake

to resolve the problem.

Hopefully others will find this useful.

Thank you,
Marshall Galbraith