[CMake] CMake 2.8.8 : Reproducible Crash in Mac OS X 10.8

Jerry Krinock jerry at sheepsystems.com
Sat Aug 11 17:43:18 EDT 2012

On 2012 Aug 10, at 10:55, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:

> Just curious what would an autotools or makefile based project do on a new mac?  I am guessing it will not print anything other than, there is no compiler found.  That said we will try to make cmake print a helpful message or work out of the box.  I am just wondering how other projects are handling the sudden disappearance of the compiler from the command line...  (it has been there since the very first OSX Mac…)

That's a good question, Bill.  The answer is that, starting with recent versions, Xcode 4.3 or 4.4 I think, the "Xcode Command-Line Tools" are not installed with Xcode, but are a separate download which must be installed after installing Xcode.

So you see I had been using the Xcode for a couple weeks, happily compiling other projects.  But then I found that cmake wouldn't work.