[CMake] CMake 2.8.8/9 and Xcode 4.4

Etuka Onono etuka at tesco.net
Fri Aug 10 20:38:24 EDT 2012

I have had trouble building xcode projects from Cmake since xcode changed its location from /Developer/Application.
Having built and played with my own cmake version, I now see that the reason I have not been able to generate xcode projects is because I have chosen to install xcode in a different directory to /Application - I have /Developer/Xcode.app.

search paths for the xcode plist are hardcoded in cmGlobalXCodeGenerator::New ( (cmGlobalXCodeGenerator.cxx,).

Michael Toy (thanks Michael!) pointed out that the path for the Xcode plist is hardcoded in cmGlobalXCodeGenerator::New, whereas other  cmake deductions, such as where to find command line tools and the like, use xcode-select in Darwin.cmake.  I can work around the plist location for now, but the location should be deduced as well to prevent bozos like me getting lost.

Thanks,

Etuka