[CMake] CMake Digest, Vol 100, Issue 19

Etuka Onono etuka at tesco.net
Thu Aug 9 17:52:46 EDT 2012

On 9 Aug 2012, at 22:17, cmake-request at cmake.org wrote:

> On 8/9/2012 4:58 PM, Etuka Onono wrote:
>> ichael and David, thanks for responding.  Rest assured that I always
>> truncate my build directory when I come to a sticky halt with Cmake.
>>
>> Michael, I set a symmlink to /Developer/Applications/Xcode.app as you
>> suggested, but this does not solve my problem (I know David had his
>> doubts, I wanted to try anyway).  I do think you are right about it
>> having something to do with information on older issues of Xcode,
>> though, as I have a clean install of Xcode 4.4.1 and Cmake 2.8.8 that
>> works (neither have been upgraded) and I have been as rigorous as I
>> feel I can be in deleting all Cmake artefacts when installing Cmake
>> 2.8.8 (removed anything vaguely related to Cmake in /Library and
>> ~/Library, removed all the symmlinks in /usr/bin, etc).
>

> See this bug report:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13353
>
> Trouble is here:
> xcodebuild: error: option '-buildstyle' is no longer supported
>
> Answer is : "Looks like it's no longer an issue with the final release
> of Xcode 4.4 and OS X 10.8. This issue can be closed. "
>
> -Bill

Bill,

Thanks for pointing me at the bug report.

I am running OS X 10.8 and Xcode 4.4.1.  I have just update to Cmake 2.8.9 (and deleted my project build directory).  I have the same error:

The C compiler identification is GNU 4.2.1
The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.2.1
Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
Check for working C compiler using: Xcode
Check for working C compiler using: Xcode -- broken
CMake Error at /Developer/CMake 2.8-9.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:52 (MESSAGE):
The C compiler "/usr/bin/gcc" is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: /Users/etuka/projects/baml/onethousand/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:/Developer/CMake\ 2.8-9.app/Contents/bin/cmakexbuild
-project CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.xcode build -target cmTryCompileExec58567693
-buildstyle Development

xcodebuild: error: option '-buildstyle' is no longer supported

Something is still spoofing CMake into thinking it has an older version of Xcode.

Etuka