[CMake] CMake 2.8.8 : Reproducible Crash in Mac OS X 10.8

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Aug 8 02:31:54 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Jerry Krinock <jerry at sheepsystems.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been using CMake for a couple years, invoked from a script, to build an Xcode project in Mac OS X.  Most recently, I have successfully used CMake 2.8.7 on Mac OS X 10.7.
>
> Upon upgrading to CMake 2.8.8 and Mac OS X 10.8, CMake crashes raises an exception and crashes repeatably.
>
> Crash report follows.  Please someone advise how I can start troubleshooting this.

First thing to do is build CMake with debug symbols so you actually
get useful information from the crashreport and can possibly link the
backtrace back to a part of your CMake code.

Another thing is to limit the number of changes, i.e. go back to cmake
2.8.7 on your 10.8 system or try out cmake 2.8.8 on a 10.7. That way
you better understand wether the trigger is an OS-change or a CMake
version change.

The output produced by cmake on the commandline may also be useful,
since the exceptions thrown from the STL usually have some kind of
error message which is then printed there. I can't imagine right now
what kind of logic-error would happen when constructing a std::string,
but probably the message tells more.

Andreas