[CMake] "UTILITY" library?

Klaim - Joël Lamotte mjklaim at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:13:06 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am using include_external_msproject() to add my Intel Threading Building
Blocks MSVC project file (that have been converted from VS200x to VS2012
through a script).
All is fine, I see the converted project in my solution with no problem.
However, when I add the project in the target links of a project, I get the
following error:

================

CMake Error at _cmake/NetRushProjectsMacros.cmake:93
(target_link_libraries):

Target "tbb" of type UTILITY may not be linked into another target. One

may link only to STATIC or SHARED libraries, or to executables with the

ENABLE_EXPORTS property set.

I have no Idea how to fix this. Any suggestions?

I note that I do the same process with google protobuf msvc projects (to
see them in my solution) but it doesn't cause any problem at all.
So I suppose something is wrong with the conversion or the original project
file, but I don't understand at all this error...

Thanks for your attention.

Klaim / Joël Lamotte.