[CMake] cmake-gui cross compiling toolchain

greeniekin greeniekin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 09:03:41 EDT 2012

I have been trying to get a tool-chain for compiling from windows to android
using the android NDK.

It works and is based off an existing tool-chain script for android that was
written.

I tried to simplify things by having a path property for the location for
the location of the android NDK. This is to be specified in the cmake-gui.

Problem is the second time I hit configure and the cmake values for
compilers will be set I get errors below. Yet if I hard code that same value
in the script it works correctly. Is there anyway that CMAKE values can be
changed after the first time without disaster?

Any help is much appreciated.

You have changed variables that require your cache to be deleted.
Configure will be re-run and you may have to reset some variables.
The following variables have changed:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER=
C:/Users/Greenie/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk/android-ndk-r8b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/windows/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc.exe
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=
C:/Users/Greenie/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk/android-ndk-r8b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/windows/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++.exe

Then after that I get

Check for working C compiler:
C:/Users/Greenie/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk/android-ndk-r8b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/windows/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc.exe
-- broken
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:52 (MESSAGE):
  The C compiler

"C:/Users/Greenie/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk/android-ndk-r8b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/windows/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc.exe"
  is not able to compile a simple test program.

  It fails with the following output:

   Change Dir: C:/cmakeexample/build3/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp