[CMake] Zero coverage being reported on gcc/Linux builds.

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Apr 24 09:13:06 EDT 2012

Hello,

Are both of these project using SuperBuilds?

I know with SimpleITK I was unable to get coverage to work in the SuperBuild structure. To get coverage we are doing the project, with its self not being an ExternalProject. However, valgrind works just fine in the Superbuild structure. I didn't see nightly build scripts attached to the ANTS or BRAIN project so I am only guessing here.

Brad

On Apr 24, 2012, at 7:32 AM, David Cole wrote:

> Ugh. You're probably doing everything right, and there's just a bug of some sort. Unfortunately, debugging these things is neither easy nor fun.
>
> First, look for Coverage*.log files in the Testing/ subdirectories of your build tree. Are there any errors mentioned in there?
>
> Next, verify that there are some *.gcda files in the build tree:
>   find . -name *.gcda
>
> There is a known/reported issue with the coverage not reporting correctly right now for gcc 4.7, but this is the first problem I've heard of with an earlier gcc...
>
>   http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=13121

> cmake: 2.8.6
> gcc/g++: 4.4.6-3
> Red Hate Enterprise Linux 6.2
>
> I follow the instructions here: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CTest/Coverage
>
> And I have 2 different dashboards that report zero coverage:
>
> http://testing.psychiatry.uiowa.edu/CDash/index.php?project=BRAINSStandalone
> http://testing.psychiatry.uiowa.edu/CDash/index.php?project=ANTS
>
> I don't know what's going on because I remember coverage working, and
> it's obviously doing something for other projects, e.g. ITK:
> http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php?name=itk
>
> Call me an idiot, but I can follow instructions, and following the
> instructions I can find isn't doing the trick.
> --

> --

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for