[CMake] CMake Ninja generator issues: any showstoppers?

Clifford Yapp cliffyapp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 18:43:53 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 4:59 PM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hello CMake Ninja fans,
>
> We are going to be creating the CMake 2.8.8 final release tomorrow. However,
> there are issues reported for the ninja generator. Does anybody consider
> them "showstoppers" ??

David,

Does the latest CMake 2.8.8 source tree have this fix?

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-April/049772.html

Even if it's not the ideal fix, I just tested it and it does seem to
address one of the ninja clean target issues I was seeing.  Not really
a show-stopper (definitely not worth another RC, if that's what would
be involved) but would be a nice-to-have.

CY

P.S. - Is it expected that Ninja respect the
ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES property, or is there a separate property
for each generator?  If the latter, is there some "common" property
that can be used to have all generators' clean rules remove the files?