[CMake] CMake 2.7.8 cannot find boost installation While building PCL files.

Joeri Friederich j.friederich at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 05:06:27 EDT 2012

Hi
Im trying to build PCL (Point cloud library) files using Cmake.It needs a bunch if dependencies one of which is boost.It finds all other dependencies without a hitch but it gives this error for boost:
The following Boost libraries could not be found:boost_systemboost_filesystemboost_threadboost_date_timeboost_iostreamsI have been trying to fix  this for 2 days now.

What I did:I build my own libraries with boost.build using the following commands:>b2>toolset=gcc>--build-dir=C:\boost>--build-type=completeThis build the library successfully.
Adding the files (libboost_thread-mgw46-mt-1_49.dll)  etc to the lib folder in my boost installation doesn't allow cmake to find them though.It does however find the include directory without a hitch.Even manually linking Cmake  to the (correct) libraries doesn't allow it to find them.
How do I get cmake to find these lib's?
Also:boost_thread doesnt exist on my computer but "libboost_thread-mgw46-mt-1_49.dll" and 20 different versions of it with different letters at mt do.is there a way that I can see what file Cmake is looking for exactly?

Version etc:Cmake:2.8.7Cmake generator: Mingw makefilesCompiler: GCC.Boost v:1.49.0Windows 7
Thanks for any help,
Joeri.