[CMake] Submitting Patches to CMake

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 10:36:12 EDT 2012

2012/4/6 David Golub <golubdr at gmail.com>:
> About a week ago, I had filed a case in the bug tracker (#0013085) with a
> patch to add some new functionality to CMake.  It doesn’t seem that anyone
> has looked at it yet.  Is this the correct procedure for contributing code
> to CMake, or is there more that I need to do?  Thank you very much.

I think it's ok the way you did.
It may have been better to attach a file and not copy/paste the diff
inline the report.
It may have been even better to have a test case for the feature.

Beside that if you want to have more chance that your feature will be accepted
you can discuss it here or on CMake devel **before** submitting the report.
At the end of the discussion when some consensus has been found you can
send a last message telling that the patch proposal has been attached
to bug report #xxxxx.

In this case your patch is very simple so, I think it could be merged,
However, may be no CMake developer did have time to care of it or is not able
to test on the concerned platform.

After that, each time a new CMake version is released, Kitware guys do call for
"what are your wishlist for next version"
at that time you can re-inforce you request and say that you want your
particular
bug report/patch to be processed.
--
Erk