[CMake] overriding ${PROJECTNAME}_BINARY_DIR before call to project()

Thomas Wolf thomas.wolf at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 28 12:36:39 EDT 2011

On 28.09.2011 17:58, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> You will find below few points that should help you to address your issues:
>
> 1) CTK build system can be build with the option CTK_SUPERBUILD set to
> OFF, in that case the project will be built as a "regular" cmake project.
>
> 2) You could also build CTK normally (default option) providing VTK_DIR,
> Log4Qt_DIR etc ... the CTK build system will understand these
> dependencies are available and no project will be downloaded. This is
> somehow equivalent to build CTK with CTK_SUPERBUILB OFF
>
> 3) If you want to make sure all binaries and libs are built in a custom
> location, make sure you set:
>
> CTK_CMAKE_ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY
> CTK_CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY
>

> CTK_CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY
>
> Seehttps://github.com/commontk/CTK/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L91
>
> Would be great if you could send request regarding CTK to
> ctk-developers at commontk.org <mailto:ctk-developers at commontk.org>
> More info here: http://www.commontk.org and
> http://www.commontk.org/index.php/Getting_Started
>
> Thanks
> Jc

Hello Jean-Christophe,

thanks for your reply. Actually, i took CTK just as an example for the
problem, but i will also try what you suggested.

CTK_SUPERBUILD is already off.

Anyway I wonder why ${PROJ}_BINARY_DIR is not settable for me.

Regards,
Thomas

PS.: i posted also something on ctk-developers, but the posting didn't
appear.