[CMake] Visualizing all build-system options

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Sep 26 11:31:20 EDT 2011

On 9/24/2011 1:08 PM, Brian Davis wrote:
>  > I guess at the end of the day what you are talking about is a static
> code analysis tool for the CMake language.  Those tools look at all
> possible branches of code and try to detect errors.
>
> What I would like to see at a minimum is a CMake Debugger showing a
> window with the list of variables, not just the ones in the name/values
> dialog in the GUI,  that an be searched when say CMake Errors out and
> dumps an error to the output text field in the GUI.  This way I could
> see what all the variables are in the active cmake file being parsed
> without having to message them to the screen.
>
> just going though the messages and found this recently.
cmake --trace might be helpful to you.   I have been thinking it might
be cool to also show the value of any variable referenced on a line
during the trace.  --trace-show-vars or something like that.  I don't
have time to work on it, but it should be pretty easy to do if someone
wanted to create a patch.

-Bill