[CMake] FYI - From Ninja-build mailing list - Fwd: Proposal: restat rules

Peter Collingbourne peter at pcc.me.uk
Thu Sep 8 14:54:46 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 11:04:42PM -0400, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin wrote:
> [...]

FWIW, the Ninja generator I have been working on is based on work by
Nicolas Despres, and has been successfully used to compile a number
of large open source projects, including CMake itself, LLVM/Clang,
OpenCV and Bullet Physics.

I am planning to submit the Ninja generator as a patch to CMake
upstream once it has been put through more exhaustive testing and
certain known issues have been resolved (my post to ninja-build being
one of them).

Anyone who is interested in trying the Ninja generator with
their own projects is welcome to clone my repository at:

https://github.com/pcc/CMake/tree/ninja-generator

and to report any issues encountered.  Note that the generator is
currently only known to work on Linux.  To select the Ninja generator
you can pass the option "-G Ninja" on the cmake command line.

Thanks,
--
Peter