[CMake] Integrating cmake into eclipse: running test cases from gui?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Oct 26 14:18:27 EDT 2011

On Wednesday 26 October 2011, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I'm happily using the cdt4 generator to generate eclipse
> projects.   The result doesn't seem very eclipse-y to my untrained
> eye, but it's close enough to get work done.

It would be nice if you could give cmake from current git master a try. I have
put some more work into it, and now you should get also a virtual folder
containing all targets (each with a Build and a Clean target) and their
associated source files.
I'd be happy about some early feedback :-)

> Next question: how does one trigger "make test" from eclipse?
> In the java world, I think a plugin is used to do that.
> (
> http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user
> %2FgettingStarted%2Fqs-junit.htm )
> Is there a corresponding plugin for cmake?  It oughtta be pretty simple...
> all it has to do is add a "run tests" button somewhere.

No idea how that works/could work with a cmake-generated project file.

> It might be nice to have that button let you select
> which tests to run, but I'd settle for one that ran all tests.

Not quite sure, but the "test" target should be added as a target which can be
executed. Are you sure it's not there ?

Alex