[CMake] Handle lib64 library on Linux

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sat May 21 18:47:41 EDT 2011

2011/5/20 Sara Rolfe <smrolfe at u.washington.edu>:
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to modify my make file so the linker will check for
> /usr/lib64 instead of /usr/lib.  I found a patch for this problem here:
>
> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=126c993d#patch1

This commit is not related with "finding" lib64 (with find_library)
but with packaging (with CPack) /lib64 dirs.

Which version of CMake are you trying to patch?
Some version of CMake already look in /lib64 paths.

If your problem is about finding libraries you may use
PATHS and PATH_SUFFIXES of the find_library command
in order to search in appropriate place.

Some more informations about multilib and/or lib64 issues may be found here:

> However, I'm pretty new to cmake and it's not clear to me how to apply this.
>  Can someone explain, or point me to an example/documentation?

Applying a patch is usually done on a source tree
using either patch command or git apply?

After applying the patch you need to recompile CMake sources.
Sometime, when the patch concerns only cmake scripts file,
you can apply the patch on the particular file without recompiling.

Again which version of CMake are you using?
On which platform (Linux, Windows, Mac OS...)
Did you ever compile CMake?
Do you know git?

--
Erk