[CMake] Merging CTest results

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon May 16 17:50:59 EDT 2011

Everytime you run ctest -D ExperimentalTest, ctest writes a Test.xml file
that describes what occurred during the run... If you do it twice, (or even
more times), only the last one is available after the run. (i.e. -- it's
overwritten each time, only the last one wins)

You could merge them by hand if you really wanted to, but it would take some
editing.

You could also do multiple submits, so that you send each Test.xml as it's
generated up to CDash. With Test.xml files, CDash should accumulate the
results. It's not well defined what it will do in such cases: this may
result in repeated test results showing up for a given CDash build.

HTH,
David