[CMake] FindZLIB on ubuntu 11.04

Andreas Rönnquist gusnan at gusnan.se
Wed May 11 22:35:21 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-12 03:55, Surya Kiran Gullapalli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With 64bit Ubuntu 11.04, CMake is unable to find ZLIB library. This is
> because the library libz.so is located in a non-standard location
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so and /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so (a
> symbolic link to the former). I can create a link for libz.so in
> /usr/lib, but is this the only solution?, because this is not always
> feasible.
>
> Thanks,
> Surya

This is related to the in-progress implementation of Multi-arch in
Ubuntu/Debian. Ubuntu 11.04 unfortunately has a version of cmake
packaged that doesn't consider multi-arch library locations - see

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cmake/+bug/751940
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12049
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12037

for some related info.