[CMake] Using KWSys to execute a detached process (Linux)

Daniel Blezek Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Wed May 11 17:22:42 EDT 2011

Hi,

  I¹ve been fruitlessly trying to use KWSys to execute a detached process in
Linux.  Perhaps it is not surprising that this fails, because the detach
code does not seem to be tested.  Does anyone have an experience or
suggestions?  Here¹s a snippit of my code:

      itksysProcess_SetCommand ( process, StringCommandLine );
      itksysProcess_SetOption ( process, itksysProcess_Option_Detach, 1 );
      itksysProcess_Execute ( process );
      std::cout << "Execute" << std::endl;

Strangely enough, it works correctly in the debugger, but not straight from
the command line.

Thanks,
-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.daniel at mayo.edu

Mayo Clinic
200 First St. S.W.
Harwick SL-44
Rochester, MN 55905
mayoclinic.org
"It is more complicated than you think." -- RFC 1925