[CMake] many false positives in ctest error/warning reporting

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Tue May 10 16:58:33 EDT 2011

Hi Alex!

On Tuesday 10 May 2011 21:47:41 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 May 2011, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> Are you using cmake >= 2.8 ?
> If so, there the switch CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS. If this is set in your ctest-
> script, the output parsing works better. Are you already using this ?

Yes, that looks like a very useful switch. I've never seen it before - but
that's probably because I wrote the ctest stuff in cmake 2.6 times.

Isn't cmake able to figure out by itself that it's running in ctest submission
mode? Then I'd consider to enable launchers per default for this. I can't see
a reason why you don't want to have it.

> > AFAICS the incorrect reports mostly come from this regex:
> > In my opinion this regex is way too general and I'd like to disable it.
> > But I certainly don't want to put this regex into
> > CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_EXCEPTION.
>
> Why not ?

Becaue cmake first matches the error regexps and then discards all candidates
that match CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_EXCEPTION. Since almost all error messages match
this regexp, it would suppress everything I want to have reported. Or did I
misunderstand this?