[CMake] Trying to use CMake, Visual Studio 8 2005 and Intel Fortran 11.2...

Dick Munroe munroe at csworks.com
Mon May 9 13:16:59 EDT 2011

with absolutely no joy.

Whenever I try to build a solution for my project, the cmake test for
the fortran compiler generates a solution file for VS 8 that can't be
processed by VS 8.

So far I've pissed away about 2/3 of a day between trying to rebuild
CMake (I found a reference to something like this problem back in 2.6,
but it seems to still be there in 2.8 and a manual patch to
cmLocalVisualStudio7Generator.cxx), zlib, etc. so far unsuccessfully.

Any hints at how to tackle this problem?  There was an oblique reference
to --debug-trycompile, but nothing detailed and the CMake documentation
is a little short on real examples of how to use the interactive version
to try to generate solutions.

Best,

Dick Munroe