[CMake] Conditional post test behavior

Belcourt, K. Noel kbelco at sandia.gov
Sat May 7 18:13:29 EDT 2011

Hi,

I apologize if this has been asked and answered.  Is there a way to
execute some commands after a test has run where the commands can be
different depending on whether the test passes or not?  Here's my test.

add_test(
   NAME ex7_2_fmelcor
   WORKING_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}
   COMMAND fmelcor.x ex7_variant2.inp
)

Because these tests generate enormous files (in both quantity and
size) and run for very long times (days in some cases) I want all
generated files to be deleted after the test runs, but only if the
test passes.  If the test fails, I need to leave the files around so I
can use them to debug the test.  So can I conditionally call this file
remove function only if the test passes?

file(REMOVE ${Ex7_2_Files})

Is there CMake support for this that I'm not seeing or is this even
possible?

-- Noel