[CMake] CDash Dynamic Analysis

Mika.Rajala at patria.fi Mika.Rajala at patria.fi
Mon May 2 02:49:28 EDT 2011

Hi

Am I asking my questions in the wrong place?

Is my question stupid and/or I should find answers from documentation /
internet?

-mika

From:   Mika.Rajala at patria.fi
To:     Mika.Rajala at patria.fi
Cc:     cmake at cmake.org, cmake-bounces at cmake.org
Date:   28.04.2011 07:50
Subject:        Re: [CMake] CDash Dynamic Analysis
Sent by:        cmake-bounces at cmake.org

Hi

Another update and a question

I'v reverse engineered and hacked the CDash/CMake/CTest code a bit to see
how it works.

I'v now come to the conclusion that the best way to handle custom tools
(style checks, static code analysis) is to use custom builds and custom
build groups

The issue I currently have is this:

How to generate a custom "Build.xml" file for CDash, based on output of a
program?

The extreme solution I see is to make my own executable that generates a
"Build.xml" file as output.

What I'd like to do is to tell CTest to pick up  errors / warnings  from
line that match with a regular expression i give.

What would be the best way to do this?

-mika