[CMake] [CMake General][FindBoost] CMake and Boost 1.46.1

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Mon May 2 00:48:40 EDT 2011

FindBoost is a bit of a pain to get working.

I'm wondering if the REQUIRED and 1.46 in the find_package() is causing it
to skip 1.46.1?   You could clear your cache and try changing the version to
1.46.1 or remove the REQUIRED.

If that's not it, try clearing your cache, setting Boost_DEBUG On and having
a look at the output and/or pasting it in here.

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Robert Nelson <boardmaster357 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I just tried adding
> SET(Boost_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS 1.46.1)
> clearing the cache, and running configure again.  I still get the same
> error message as before.  While I agree that your addition is
> necessary to make it work, it seems that something else is also
> needed.
>

> PROJECT(schema)
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.4)
>

> SET( Boost_NO_SYSTEM_PATHS true )
> SET( BOOST_INCLUDEDIR "C:/Boost/include/boost-1_46_1" )
> SET( BOOST_LIBRARYDIR "C:/Boost/lib" )
> SET(Boost_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS "1.46.1" )
> find_package(Boost 1.46 COMPONENTS regex program_options pthread
> filesystem REQUIRED)
>
> link_directories(${Boost_LIBRARY_DIRS} )
> include_directories( ${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS} )
>
> #if you don't want the full compiler output, remove the following line
> SET(CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE ON)
>
> add_executable(schema
> main.cpp
> )