[CMake] Replacing compiler flags for certain project subdirectories

Whitcomb, Mr. Tim Tim.Whitcomb at nrlmry.navy.mil
Thu Mar 31 18:21:48 EDT 2011

Thanks, Arjen:

Unfortunately this goes beyond optimization flags, e.g. the odd directories out do their own byteswapping, so we can't use the command-line switch for byteswapped I/O that everything else needs.

Is another option to clear *all* flags at the top-level and re-instate them in the individual directories?  It seems like that's overkill considering this is needed in so few directories.

I've been poking around with doing them as external projects, which seems to be promising but unfortunately the Cmake version installed on the systems I will be working on is at version
2.6 which doesn't support them.

Tim