[CMake] Too many packages being created for my project with CPack

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 04:30:27 EDT 2011

2011/3/25 Tyler <tyler at cryptio.net>:
> I just use:
>
> set (CPACK_GENERATOR "ZIP")
>
> and that seems to work.
>
> I think those CPACK_BINARY_* variables you're setting are only
> meaningful in CPack's context, not in CMake's (i.e. those vars are
> what CMake writes out in CPackConfig.cmake for Cpack's later use).

Tyler is right.
You have to set CPACK_GENERATOR to the list of CPack generator you want.
If you don't set CPACK_GENERATOR (prior to include(CPack)) then CPack
have some default list builtin depending on the platform.

On "APPLE", you get:

PackageMaker
STGZ
TGZ

ZIP may be on globally and switch OFF in favor of NSIS on Windows.

So I bet you did not set CPACK_GENERATOR, do you?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org