[CMake] INSTALL CODE using EXEC_PROGRAM with spaces in path

Urbach, Marcel [Rohmann GmbH] urbach at rohmann.de
Thu Mar 17 12:03:13 EDT 2011

Ok I finally got it to run. I've done it this way:

EXECUTE_PROCESS(COMMAND cmd /c regsvr32 test.dll
    WORKING_DIRECTORY "C:/Program Files/test/lib"
    OUTPUT_VARIABLE ov RESULT_VARIABLE rv
    OUTPUT_STRIP_TRAILING_WHITESPACE
)
Works fine, but there is still the problem to get the target build name for installing the dll because it differs from debug to release build. When the debug configuration was selected the debug dll should be installed and registered and vice versa for release.
Do you have any ideas to solve this?