[CMake] QtCreator project generator

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at nokia.com
Tue Mar 15 07:39:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

> My collegae has created the required patch for QtCreator 2.1.0 which
> actually uses the defines created by the CMake patch.
> Attached.

I'd apply a patch like that to Creator. (There are some minor issues with it
and it has to come via a merge request, but in general it does the right
thing.)

But modifying the codeblocks generator to add stuff that codeblocks is
something *I* would rather avoid. But that's not a question for me to decide.

The original "plan" was to start with a new generator once the information
Creator needs exceeds what the codeblocks generator provides, which I guess
would be the case now. I do not have the time to work on that though.

So in summary, if the codeblocks generator would be patched, I'd apply a patch
to creator to support that. But IMHO, that's the lesser solution.

daniel