[CMake] infinite loop when using function overriding

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 04:36:05 EST 2011

2011/3/9 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> This is a question for folks at Stack Overflow. Literally. :-)
>
> I'm assuming you mean "_add_library(${name} ${ARGN})"?
>
> The "override and call original with a leading _" is probably not well
> documented anywhere. While it's useful on occasion, we do not recommend
> using it if there's an alternate technique that you can use.

Besides from the list, where is documented the fact that
you can override builtin CMake macro ? (like add_executable)

Would be worth adding this fact to the doc of function and/or macro.
I may propose a patch myself but I'm not sure to fully know how
it is supposed to work (by design).

--
Erk
http://www.april.org