[CMake] CPack and RPM packages

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 18:31:07 EST 2011

2011/3/7 Laszlo Papp <djszapi at archlinux.us>:
> As said, the working OBS spec files can be found here:
> http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/sandst1/standard/armv7l/
> http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/sandst1/standard/i586/

Not really, since binary RPMs do not contains the spec file,
but I did find the spec file in src:
http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/sandst1/standard/src/

(within the src.rpm)

> http://djszapi.homelinux.net/gluon.spec -> this is the cpack/cmake
> generated one.

I have seen that one, and as I said many
files seems to be installed with ABSOLUTE DESTINATION and
end-up with a %config  attribute.

If they were installed with relative PATH this wouldn't be the case.

> Well, the cpack one doesn't really do anything, it only moves files
> around (and apparently requires some external calling code to move
> them into place).

CPackRPM supposed CMake+build has already been run
so CPackRPM generated spec file is a "shortcutted one".

> I don't know anything about cpack, just that the spec file you have
> there doesn't do anything except moving files around (and maybe
> package them if they happen to end up in the right place), but
> certianly not build anything.

Yes that's the expected behavior.
You cannot (in your case) call CPack without calling CMake first.
CMake + make will do the build before CPack get a chance to run.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org