[CMake] Install files quietly

Michael Hertling mhertling at online.de
Fri Jul 29 18:32:54 EDT 2011

On 07/29/2011 11:43 AM, Mathias Tausig wrote:
> Hello!
>
> During the installation process, I am copying a quite large directory using
> INSTALL(DIRECTORY foo DESTINATION bar)
>
> When I run make install, every single file contained in foo is displayed
> in the shell. Is there some way to prevent a install command from
> printing to the command line?
>
> regards
> Mathias

AFAIK, the status message you complain about is hard-coded in the
FILE(INSTALL ...) command which is used in the cmake_install.cmake
script: "The INSTALL signature differs slightly from COPY: it prints
status messages, ..." [Documentation of FILE()]. So, the best you can
probably do is to use a suitable regex suppressing the unwanted output:

make install | grep -v '^-- '

Regards,

Michael