[CMake] Launching a script after user picks components in component-based installers

Mathias Gaunard mathias.gaunard at ens-lyon.org
Sat Jul 2 20:32:39 EDT 2011

With a component-based installer such as NSIS, the user can choose the
components that he wants to install.

I would need to launch a script (just launching an external program
would do) after this, telling me where the application was installed, so
that I can perform additional actions depending on which components were
installed or so I can autoconfigure the application according to the
system settings.

Does CMake/CPack allow to do something like this?

I see that RPM appears to allow to specify a shell script for post
install, but I'd like to have something that works for all
component-based CPack generators, and all operating systems.