[CMake] cmake and shell commands

mark205@email.it mark205 at email.it
Sun Jan 30 14:02:49 EST 2011

Hi,

I checked the soversion command but I don't know if it is that the problem.
In another CMakeLists.txt (
https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect/blob/master/src/CMakeLists.txt )
there is the soversion command:

add_library (freenect SHARED ${SRC})
set_target_properties ( freenect PROPERTIES
   VERSION ${PROJECT_VER}
   SOVERSION ${PROJECT_APIVER}

I will try to explain better the problem with more information:

On a system Debian/x86 the cmake, make and make install worked
successfully generating libfreenect.so.0.0 and the symbolic link
libfreenect.so.
On a different system cmake and make worked successfully generating
libfreenect.so.0.0 but with make install the libfreenect.so is not
generated and then the make install give errors.
Do you know why could happen a situation like this? I have checked every
CMakeLists and other CMake related configuration file in order to find
commands used to create symbolic links but I have not found them.

Thanks