[CMake] using svn credentials inside ctest script

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Fri Jan 28 11:02:20 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 06:22:37AM -0500, David Cole wrote:
> Storing credentials on the machine in advance is one way to achieve this.
>
> (I have not tried this myself, but...) You may also be able to set the
> CTEST_UPDATE_COMMAND to a script that delegates to svn with all your desired
> command line options.

Another good potential workaround.

> work. Certainly, what you're trying to do is reasonable. Although one could
> argue it might be better to cache credentials on machines than save them in
> plain text in a script file.....

FYI and IIRC, Subversion (as of 1.6 at least) generally stores the
credentials on disk in plain text. I don't remember if there are any
strong encryption options, but I don't think so; this was a frequent
complaint on the svn-user list when I was subscribed there.

Still might be better than storing credentials in revision control, but
probably not really really secure either.

tyler