[CMake] Problem with archive_write_finish_entry(): Can't update time...

Daniel Pfeifer daniel at pfeifer-mail.de
Thu Jan 27 11:37:11 EST 2011

Hi David,

Am Mittwoch, den 26.01.2011, 08:14 -0500 schrieb David Cole:
> >From the libarchive source code, it looks like this message appears as
> a "warning" and returns ARCHIVE_WARN.
>
> CMake spits out an error message whenever a libarchive function
> returns anything other than ARCHIVE_OK.
>
> Perhaps we should detect ARCHIVE_WARN and only emit a "CMake Warning"
> message rather than a "CMake Error".

Yes, that would be better.

> As to what could be causing it in the first place... perhaps there's a
> permissions problem of some sort? Do you have full write permissions
> in the directory where you are extracting? Do the files actually
> appear afterwards even though you're seeing these messages? Is it a
> "deep" path (long name)?

I am working with an administrator account on Windows, so I don't think
that permissions cause the problem. The paths are quite shallow (direct
subdirectory of 'C:\').
The files get extracted just fine. Maybe this warning can be safely
ignored. It is just annoying that it produces so much output.

> If you untar the same archive.tgz file with another tar tool, do you
> get any warnings or errors from it?

Works without any warnings. But maybe the warnings are just not
displayed...

cheers, Daniel