[CMake] using svn credentials inside ctest script

girish hilage girish_hilage at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 07:11:35 EST 2011

Hi,

   This is to ask regarding using SVN username and password inside CTest script.

   I have a file script.cmake which I am using as follows :

   ctest -S script.cmake

   script.cmake contains below lines relevant to "svn update":

   find_program(CTEST_SVN_COMMAND NAMES svn)
   set(CTEST_UPDATE_COMMAND "${CTEST_SVN_COMMAND}")
   set(CTEST_UPDATE_OPTIONS "--username <my_svn_username> --password <my_svn_password>")

   ctest_update(RETURN_VALUE updateRV)

   But, when I give 'ctest -S script.cmake', it again asks for the svn password eventhough I have hard-coded svn username and password in script.cmake.
   My requirement is that, I am setting up a cronjob for nightly builds and I do not want it to ask for an svn password.

   In the output I can see following lines :
SetCTestConfigurationFromCMakeVariable:UpdateCommand:CTEST_UPDATE_COMMANDSetCTestConfiguration:UpdateCommand:/usr/bin/svn
SetCTestConfigurationFromCMakeVariable:UpdateOptions:CTEST_UPDATE_OPTIONSSetCTestConfiguration:UpdateOptions:--username <my_svn_username> --password <my_svn_password>
SetCTestConfigurationFromCMakeVariable:SVNCommand:CTEST_SVN_COMMANDSetCTestConfiguration:SVNCommand:/usr/bin/svn

   Can you please let me know if I can 'svn update' the code without it asking for a password?
   ctest version I am using is 2.8.3

Regards,
Girish