[CMake] cmake config.h

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Mon Jan 24 22:32:36 EST 2011

On Sunday 28 November 2010 16:03:33 luxInteg wrote:

> I came across the useful wiki
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:How_To_Write_Platform_Checks

I need '1's in config.g and I dont know how these are generated.
For gsl  This the cmake output:-

-- Looking for sys/types.h
-- Looking for sys/types.h - found
-- Looking for sys/stat.h
-- Looking for sys/stat.h - found
-- Looking for stdlib.h
-- Looking for stdlib.h - found
-- Looking for string.h
-- Looking for string.h - found
-- Looking for memory.h
-- Looking for memory.h - found
-- Looking for strings.h
-- Looking for strings.h - found
-- Looking for inttypes.h
-- Looking for inttypes.h - found
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - found
-- Looking for unistd.h
-- Looking for unistd.h - found
-- Looking for dlfcn.h
-- Looking for dlfcn.h - found
-- Looking for vprintf
-- Looking for vprintf - found
-- Looking for memcpy
-- Looking for memcpy - found
-- Looking for memmove
-- Looking for memmove - found
-- Looking for strdup
-- Looking for strdup - found
-- Looking for strtol
-- Looking for strtol - found
-- Looking for strtoul
-- Looking for strtoul - found
-- HAVE_EXIT_SUCCESS_AND_FAILURE
-- Looking for cos in m
-- Looking for cos in m - found
-- HAVE_DECL_FEENABLEEXCEPT
-- HAVE_DECL_HYPOT
-- HAVE_DECL_EXPM1
-- HAVE_DECL_ACOSH
-- HAVE_DECL_ASINH
-- HAVE_DECL_ATANH
-- Looking for ldexp
-- Looking for ldexp - found
-- Looking for frexp
-- Looking for frexp - found
-- Looking for isinf
-- Looking for isinf - found
-- Looking for finite
-- Looking for finite - found
-- Looking for isnan
-- Looking for isnan - found
-- HAVE_DECL_ISFINITE
-- HAVE_DECL_LOG1P
-- HAVE_PRINTF_LONGDOUBLE
-- HAVE_EXTENDED_PRECISION_REGISTERS
-- HAVE_FPU_X86_SSE
-- Performing Test HAVE__FPU_SETCW
-- Performing Test HAVE__FPU_SETCW - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPSETPREC
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPSETPREC - Failed
-- Performing Test HAVE__CONTROLFP
-- Performing Test HAVE__CONTROLFP - Failed
-- Performing Test HAVE__CONTROLFP_S
-- Performing Test HAVE__CONTROLFP_S - Failed
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPU_INLINE_ASM_X86
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPU_INLINE_ASM_X86 - Success
-- HAVE_GNUX86_IEEE_INTERFACE
-- HAVE_IEEE_COMPARISONS
-- HAVE_IEEE_DENORMALS
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: ~/S_TESTS/gsl-1.14/build

make fails like so

~/sys/infnan.c:98:3: error: #error "cannot define gsl_finite without
HAVE_DECL_FINITE or HAVE_IEEE_COMPARISONS"
~/sys/infnan.c:115:3: error: #error "cannot define gsl_isnan without
HAVE_DECL_ISNAN or HAVE_IEEE_COMPARISONS"

I thought I ensured   that  HAVE_IEEE_COMPARISONS  and HAVE_DECL_FINITE  and
HAVE_DECL_ISNAN  etc   were tested for and  set to 1 in  the config.h-
generating file (when these were not  not generated by  'standard cmake
macros)  and hoped that they would be with the latter.  However  there were no
'1's in the config.h file and  the make failed.  A quick/crude  substitute of
appropriate '1's   in the said   file and the  make progressed.  So how do I
ensure that  '1's are set in the  generated  config.h  file?

thanks in advance

sincerely
luxInteg