[CMake] cpack bundle on osx

Yngve Inntjore Levinsen yngve.levinsen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:41:28 EST 2011

It is a pure terminal application, so you are probably right. However, the old way to install it was that a user had to first install Fink, then wait a few hours for the correct gcc version to be installed with gfortran, then download the correct version of the executable. Or he/she could download the specific libraries you needed manually and use this install_name_tool to manually relink the libraries. In the end it felt quite complicated for many, every user did something different, and helping people out when they got stuck was a mess.

Perhaps I should use some of the other packaging types, like tgz or zip. I will play around with it. At least now I have something that works and is self-contained which was my main goal.

Cheers,
Yngve