[CMake] Defining CDash subprojects in CMakeLists.txt

Frank Stappers f.p.m.stappers at tue.nl
Fri Jan 21 04:29:27 EST 2011

Hello,

Yesterday, I tried to create subprojects from our existing project
on our dashboard. So, I've read David Cole's article (Issue 10 - July 2009)
and it seems that the labels of a target should match the name of the
subproject, and that with the help of a custom-created CTest driver-file
the results are stored in the different cdash subprojects.
This means that we have to do (some) work in two different places
to get the job done.

But would it not be a better idea to have a mechanism that, just like
assigning labels to target, can do the same for subprojects?
In my mind, something like like:

"set_property( TARGET ${MyTarget} PROPERTY SubProject ${MySubprojectLabel} )"

that needs to be added to the "CMakeLists.txt".

Then if the results are submitted to the dashboard, the subproject is
available on the dashboard, and a target/test has a matching subproject label,
it will become visible in the corresponding subproject.

Perhaps similar functionality is available, but I could not find it in
any of the documentation I've read.

Kr,
Frank Stappers