[CMake] Cross-compiling a static library (CMake 2.8.3)

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Jan 20 13:28:32 EST 2011

On Monday 10 January 2011, Emmanuel Blot wrote:
> >> INCLUDE (CMakeForceCompiler)
> >> CMAKE_FORCE_C_COMPILER (arm-eabi-gcc-4.5.2 GNU 4)
> >
> > I haven't used that one before.
>
> FWIW: I found why I use CMAKE_FORCE_C_COMPILER rather than the simpler
> CMAKE_C_COMPILER command:
> I build projects for eCos from outside the eCos tree directory, and
> CMake has some trouble finding the eCos header files when simply using
> CMAKE_C_COMPILER. It complains about CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH which is
> nevertheless defined as expected.

You should not need to use CMAKE_FORCE_C_COMPILER() for eCos.
Can you please post some more details on your setup ?
Where is the eCos tree with libtarget.a etc. ?
How does your toolchain file look like ?
How do you call cmake ?

Do the instructions from that wiki page http://cmake.org/Wiki/CmakeEcos work
for you if you use the described setup ?
Do they only fail if you use a different setup ?

Alex