[CMake] Should CMake use /etc/ld.so.conf.d for find_library's CMAKE_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_PATH?

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:16:18 EST 2011

I'm noticing that on some systems they package the NVIDIA driver into
different directories than the driver is typically installed.  In order to
make stuff link properly at run time these non-standard locations are added
to /etc/ld.so.conf.d.  I'm wondering if there is a reason not to use this
information to add paths to CMAKE_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_PATH?  It would certainly
help in finding libraries that are installed in diverse places.

James