[CMake] How to query compiler definitions?

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 19 10:22:35 EST 2011

> Why not? That's mostly equivalent to doing it based on -DNDEBUG (which
> is automatically defined for Release and MinSizeRel).

I would like to be precise here.

Do any configurations exist in the software development world where the build
type "Release" does not include a definition for this preprocessor symbol?

> So, you always build tinyxml?

Its compilation should depend on the application part that uses objects and
corresponding member functions from this C++ class library.

> add_library(tinyxml STATIC

By the way:
How do you think about the attachment for the feature request "Use CMake for
build system"?
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3151377&group_id=13559&atid=363559

I imagine that you might be affected with your project "FreeFOAM" in a similar
way if I would dare to bundle its source files into an other project. I am
curious if we will find more useful ideas for the involved issues.

Regards,
Markus