[CMake] How to query compiler definitions?

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 19 05:50:23 EST 2011

> For multi-config IDE's you *don't know* whether NDEBUG is defined or not at CMake-time.

I imagine that the build system could keep control on all passed compilation
parameters if calls for generation commands would be intercepted (by CMake).
Does it get any feedback for changes of this preprocessor symbol?

> And AFAIK there's no way to specify that a source file is conditional on the build configuration.

I can try an approximation. - Do I need to apply the variable "CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE"
instead if I can not reuse the symbol's value?

> add_executable(super super.c)

I would like to construct the source file list that is passed to this command
dynamically. Can unneeded stuff be avoided?

Regards,
Markus