[CMake] add_custom_command problem

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 06:34:31 EST 2011

2011/1/17 Andrea Galeazzi <galeazzi at korg.it>:
> Il 17/01/2011 11.09, Eric Noulard ha scritto:
>>
>> 2011/1/17 Andrea Galeazzi<galeazzi at korg.it>:
>>>
>>> I'm trying to invoke a program which increment the build number on a
>>> header

I just realized something.
Do you want
   A) to increase the build number EACH time you build
   B) to increase the build number WHEN of of the SOURCES change?

>> Does any targets depends on the output "BuildNumber.h" ?
>> Did you try to specify OUTPUT with absolute path ?
>
> Yes I also tried with absolute path but it doesn't change anything. That's
> the only target I have:
>
> add_executable(Z102A ${SOURCES} )
[...]

>  set (SOURCES_HeaderXXYYFiles
>       ./ASIC.H
>       ./BaseTypes.h
>       ./HAL.h
>       ./IOPort.h
>       ./usb2spi.h
>       ./BuildNumber.h

You need absolute path in both places
 1) in set (SOURCES_HeaderXXYYFiles
 2) in the add_custom_command output

> set (SOURCES_Cfg
>       ../../Cfg/AisTestData.cpp
>       ../../Cfg/AisWin32Data.cpp
>       ../../Cfg/AlphaKeybConfig.cpp
>       ../../Cfg/AlphaKeybConfig.h
>       ../../Cfg/BuildConfig.h
>       ../../Cfg/Config.cpp
>  )
> and Config.cpp includes BuildNumber.h. Maybe should I add an explicit
> dependency in some ways?

I don't think this is necessary. But could you tell us in which case you want
your BuildNumber.h to be regenerated?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org