[CMake] Qt4 module too restrictive about uic requirement

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Jan 14 05:19:16 EST 2011

Hello,

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:06:04 +0100
Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Clinton Stimpson is the maintainer of the QT4 module
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Module_Maintainers
>
> He is usually responsive so I bet he will be stepping in soon.

Ok, thanks.

> Concerning your issue did you try the workaround:
>
> find_package(Qt4 COMPONENTS QtCore)
>
> and then
> if (QT_QTCORE_FOUND)
>   message("OK QtCore found.")
>   include(${QT_USE_FILE})
> else(QT_QTCORE_FOUND)
>   message(FATAL_ERROR "QtCore not found.")
> endif(QT_QTCORE_FOUND)
>
> I think this "should" work for your case.
> However I'm not a Qt user so I may be plain wrong and Clinton will
> "fix me" soon.

I don't see how this can fix the issue I'm pointing to.

I'm compiling a software that *needs* QtCore, QtNetwork and QtXml, but
not QtGui. However, CMake insists on checking that uic is available
even if the QT_GUI component has not be requested.

> Since your request seems reasonable may be you can file a feature
> request on the bug tracker
> and send back here the ref to the bug tracker entry.

Ok, will do.

> By the way you did not tell us which version of CMake / FindQT4 you are using?

Tried both 2.8.0 and 2.8.3.

Regards,

Thomas
--