[CMake] InstallRequiredSystemLibraries.cmake

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Jan 13 13:34:34 EST 2011

You get just Release by default.

Then, if you set CMAKE_INSTALL_DEBUG_LIBRARIES you get both.

Or, if you set CMAKE_INSTALL_DEBUG_LIBRARIES and
CMAKE_INSTALL_DEBUG_LIBRARIES_ONLY, you get just Debug.

That's what the bug fix for
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=11141 was. (Patch kindly
provided by Mike McQuaid -- thanks, Mike!!)

I think that should cover all use cases, even if it's not in the most
elegant way possible. (Because we have to keep doing what we're doing
for backwards compat...)

And again, let me remind everyone that it is not legal to
re-distribute the Debug libraries from Visual Studio. People who need
to use them are expected to have a valid installation of Visual Studio
on the machine where they need them. We provide a way for you to get
them via CMake easily to make your debugging lives easier... not to
encourage you to *actually* re-distribute them as part of an installer
meant for general consumption.

Let me know if you need something more than what's in there now.

David