[CMake] CDash submissions show up as two entries, one row for update, one for build/test etc

Johan Björk phb at spotify.com
Thu Jan 13 04:07:05 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm having a strange problem with my CDash submissions, and I'm not sure
what is going on. For every submission I do, I get two builds, one that only
has a UPDATE stage, and one line that has the rest of the steps.
The row with UPDATE has a higher buildID versus the row with
configure/build/test.
In my CTest script, I run several builds in a loop. For every build I do

//Setup CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY and CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY
  ctest_start(${CTEST_MODEL})
  ctest_update()
  ctest_configure()
  ctest_build()
  ctest_test()
  if (WITH_COVERAGE AND CTEST_COVERAGE_COMMAND)
    ctest_coverage()
  endif (WITH_COVERAGE AND CTEST_COVERAGE_COMMAND)
  if (WITH_MEMCHECK AND CTEST_MEMORYCHECK_COMMAND)
    ctest_memcheck()
  endif (WITH_MEMCHECK AND CTEST_MEMORYCHECK_COMMAND)
  ctest_submit()

I also tried adding the APPEND keyword to the ctest_* commands, but no luck.
Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone have any suggestions how to debug
this?

Thanks
/Johan