[CMake] CMake Java Support

Andreas Schneider asn at redhat.com
Tue Jan 11 11:49:42 EST 2011

On Tuesday 11 January 2011 16:01:14 Andrea Galeazzi wrote:
> Hi Andreas,

Hi Andrea,

> I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Java developer (and also Fedora user) so it makes
> me very happy to know that someone are working to integrate Java in
> CMake. My question is: shouldn't Ant be enough? Or better, Could
> invoking an Ant file as pre/post build command in CMakeLists always
> accomplish any kind of build requirement?

a) As I've said before this is a C, C++ and Java project. I don't think that
ant supports C or C++

b) I don't like XML and this is why I would never use ant.

c) I don't see a reason to use ant when CMake ist able to do the same the way
I like and prefer.

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: 8B7EB4B8
Red Hat                               asn at redhat.com
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org